Tuesday, January 24, 2023

What, No Leash????!!!!

Today's walk started out like all the others on the beach so far.

Daddy grabbed my leash, Mommy put on her sun glasses, and we were out the door, down the elevator, across the pool deck - and on the beach!

We walked together for a bit, and Daddy told Mommy he wanted to try something.

He then leaned over and took off my leash.

I was confused. Our walk wasn't over. We weren't back at the condo.

Then Mommy and Daddy both started walking. I wasn't sure what to do, until Mommy said, "C'mon Monty!"

I looked around a bit and Mommy and Daddy were moving further away - so I ran as fast as I could to catch-up with them.

I kept waiting for them to put my leash back on, but they didn't.

We walked some more and I said to myself, "I must be a really good boy if I don't need my leash to walk on the beach!" 

I loved the extra freedom to check things out, and go back and forth and all around Mommy and Daddy. 

And, I could run to greet all the other people on the beach and hear them tell me how cute I am. Plus, I could snoop around and see if they had any food. Mommy and Daddy would call for me, and I'd run back to them and then walk right in the middle between them so I could look up anytime I want in either direction to see them!

We walked and walked and I ran and ran, I think I put in twice as many steps as Mommy and Daddy!

Which was so much fun and made me happy!

And very, very tired for the rest of the day!









2 comments:

Feeling my Oats - then Feeling the Burrs

I am so happy when I walk with Mommy and Daddy. And I am even happier when I walk with them and they take my leash off! Today was a no-leash...