Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Bentley!

Mommy and Daddy took me for another walk on the beach today and as we were headed back to our condo, I pulled on my leash extra hard...because I SAW...

BENTLEY!!!

Bentley is my bestest Panama City Beach friend! We sniffed and play bowed as soon as we saw each other!

I met Bentley last year when Mommy and Daddy first stayed at Gulfgate. Here are some interesting facts about Bentley:

  • He is a service dog - his Daddy was in a war a long time ago and Bentley helps his Daddy when he has bad dreams
  • He gets to go everywhere with his Daddy! I can only go some places Mommy and Daddy, so I am a little jealous
  • He has the longest dog eyelashes I've ever seen
I was kind of sad when Mommy and Daddy took me back to the condo and I couldn't play with Bentley any more. A few hours later, though, Mommy and Daddy shared it was time for another adventure - we were going to play BINGO at a place called The Alibi. 

I am not sure what BINGO is, but Mommy started singing, "There was a farmer who had a dog and BINGO was his name-o. B I N G O, B I N G O, B I N G O, and BINGO was his name-o."

We didn't even have to get in the car to go to The Alibi - and I was happy it was a short walk since I was still pretty tired from the long beach walk with Mommy and Daddy earlier today.

I followed Mommy and Daddy into The Alibi. They were about to sit at a table. I was looking around for a dog named BINGO, but...

THERE WAS BENTLY! Who cares about BINGO, when Bentley is around.

Bentley let Mommy, Daddy, and me sit at his table with his Mommy and Daddy and some other folks I think I remembered from last year.

Daddy put me on my own chair so I could see everyone. And then someone came around asking us about BINGO. I kept looking for another dog, but instead they put little pieces of paper in front of me and everyone else.

For the rest of the night, someone kept calling out numbers, and people would look at those pieces of paper and sometime stab them with a big ole marker. And every once in a while, a person would randomly yell for "BINGO," but BINGO must be a stubborn dog, because he never came when called. I guess as a consolation for BINGO not listening, the people who kept calling him were given baskets of people things. 

Maybe BINGO would have listened if those baskets were filled with dog treats instead.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feeling my Oats - then Feeling the Burrs

I am so happy when I walk with Mommy and Daddy. And I am even happier when I walk with them and they take my leash off! Today was a no-leash...