Monday, January 16, 2023

Settling In

Sunshine woke me up earlier than normal today and I remembered we were at the beach. Daddy took me out for a walk - and then it was time to figure out new routines. 

Where is my water and food bowl?

What happened to my dog patch?

Where do I want my cuddle bed?

Where are cool spots for when I get hot?

Are there any good places to rest my head on?

And most important - where does Mommy keep my treats!

I had a busy day ahead of me!

While I was investigating and experimenting, Daddy and Mommy grabbed my leash - and I knew it was walk time. I was so excited when I realized we were headed to the beach! I was a little braver today and tackled getting my paws wet in a few waves. It was so nice and sunny out, I didn't mind that we walked for a REALLY long time. I took a big ole nap when we got back home!

Later, when Mommy and Daddy sat on the balcony as the sun was sliding down the sky, I found a new favorite spot - lying down and putting my head on one of the balcony ledges. That way I have an excellent vantage point for watching to see if any other dogs venture onto MY beach.

I was just about to alert Mommy that is was dinner time, when I noticed she was already in the kitchen. But then, she grabbed my leash. 

What is going on? 

Are we going on another long walk? 

What about dinner?

Mommy and I went down the elevator and then I saw Daddy! He had made us a little bonfire. We sat together for awhile, and then Mommy gathered my leash again - but not before I noticed Daddy was putting steaks on the bonfire.

Steak is another one of my very most favorite foods! I may like steak even more than chicken nuggets.

My mouth was watering and I wanted to stay and help Daddy with the steaks, but Mommy made us go back to our condo. I parked myself right by that door waiting for Daddy and our steaks!

I think I love living at the beach. 







3 comments:

  1. We are so happy that your trip, goodies, meals, naps, walks on the beach, snuggle bed, etc. are making our Fur Grandpuppy joyful. You look absolutely amazing and so well rested. Take care of Mom and Dad. Lick Lick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I promise to take Good care of Mommy and Daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you were so cute on the balcony and my family is going on vacation to;;;;. 💌but i think i would like panama city 100 precent to love ella

    ReplyDelete

Feeling my Oats - then Feeling the Burrs

I am so happy when I walk with Mommy and Daddy. And I am even happier when I walk with them and they take my leash off! Today was a no-leash...